Saturday, February 12, 2011

More pictures


The tables pushed together with our mattresses on them at Bush Camp.

Norma, one of our program directors, with kids at the AIDS Haven (House of Resurrection), where I'll be volunteering while I'm here.

Playing with the little ones.

 Port Elizabeth Southern Kings rugby match in the Nelson Mandela Stadium built for the World Cup.

Flatmates and me at the game.

The stadium from outside.

Scrumming

Gladiators at the beginning of the match hyping the crowd up.  Later on they parachuted into the stadium

Our first footprints on Kings' Beach in front of the flats.



First flatmate meal.  It was delicious.


A blue-tongued Skink, native of Australia.  One of the steps on the evolutionary trail to snakes.

Flatmates with a Burmese python.

Catching and securing the croc I got to pet.  An Irishmen helped the reptile guy hold her down.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like loads of fun as that is how life should be. NO snakes and crocs for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll pass on the reptile lesson thank you. Looks like you are getting a little enjoyment out of this experience too :) Love ya!

    DawnW

    ReplyDelete