Thursday, March 17, 2011

March Birthday Braai


Taylor and I walked to bio, and after class we walked to the Pic n’ Pay for a few groceries and then took a kombi back.  Thursday afternoon we made a salad from Heather’s South African Salads Cookbook for a braai that night celebrating the March birthdays and Norma and Bruce’s 43rd wedding anniversary.  We had kudu and warthog skewers, lamb, fruit salads, prickly pear, our spinach and noodle salad that god good reviews, a fabulous custard, crumbled cookie dessert (kind of like a less-chemical version of dirt pie), and warm rolls.

After the braai, I got in my robe and read for class since we’ll be gone all weekend.  I pretty much chilled for the night and went to bed early.

2 comments:

  1. The way you talk about food I would think you are working on some kind of food degree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you remembered to celebrate my birthday month even while you are down in SA! You are so sweet :) Hope you ate some warthog for me

    DawnW

    ReplyDelete