Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Zombie Day


Exhausted from the long weekend travels, the bus was more like a dinner table after feeding a starving crowd than the bubbling atmosphere it normally holds.  We attempted to paint at House, but we were reusing brushes from last week, and they hadn’t held up at all.  The paint brushes streaked along the edges of the wall, and the rollers smudged the paint unevenly.  When we attempted a few strokes at a second coat we realized that we would be wasting paint to continue with the brushes, so we found our supervisor, Reney, and she permitted us to go to the play school until Shadly, the bus driver, came to get us.

During lunch I ate the last food I had in the flat after throwing away yogurt not yet at its expiration and milk with the same story.  Throwing away food so often really irks me, especially when we shop so often and are really careful about expiration dates. Poo!  I finished a book over lunch so I could prepare a presentation for Tuesday that night.  Then, we kombied (not a real word) to school for music class and learned about township jazz.  In the middle of class the girl next to me whispered that volleyball practice had been cancelled, so Taylor and I ran home for some exercise.  I did a few body circuits, showered (which happens less than you would think), and Katie and I prepared the presentation until I hit the sack.

2 comments:

  1. "Hit the sack" My favorite pass time these days. Good book and lay down read a page a nd take a 2 hour nap. AHhhhhhh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must be all that heat....too bad it's so hot :) Can't complain, it is around 35 here and you know that means shorts weather in greater Wisconsin :)

    DawnW

    ReplyDelete