Thursday, March 10, 2011

Planning Day


We had a bio lab thins morning in which we logged data on the hundreds of snails we got on the beach last week.  We took their dimensions, found density, classified their species, and a whole lotta schtuff.  We have to do a lab repot to answer questions about zoning on beaches to find if certain species live in certain parts of the beach.  Exciting! :P

We took a kombi home from class and I dropped my bag at the door, laid down, and woke up two hours later.  I am still exhausted from Tuesday night’s paper writing.  I was up til 3 and got up at 8 so I had time to make the lunch time concert and get the three assignments for lit done (Thanks a lot Professssssor, Doctor Mary West >:[ ).

Tonight we called J Bay (Jeffrey’s Bay) Surf School to schedule lessons for tomorrow morning.  We plan to explore the rest of the day.  We also discussed weekend plans for the next few weeks because we don’t have any group trips planned.   I am excited for the possibilities: Tsitsikamma, Hogsback (where Tolkien got the idea for Lord of the Rings because of its beautiful landscape), Coffee Bay (a non-touristy spot about half way to Durban), Plettenberg Bay, and we decided to spend the second half of spring break (the first half is a group trip to Cape Town) in Durban—the flight is only $134= sweeeeeet! 

After we hired a car and got all of the surfing plans in order, we went to 34 Degrees South, a touristy seafood restaurant.  I was not impressed.  I had Pealla, a variety of seafood (prawn, mussels, calamari, fish) in a red, mildly spicy sauce over rice, and ended the meal with a cappuccino- yum.  I had to change my order while she was taking it though because two of the other things I wanted were not available L

Now, I should start homework that’s due early next week, but I don’t know what I have the energy for.  We have to leave the flat by 7 ish tomorrow morning to pick up the car and drive to J Bay to arrive by 9:30.
Peace and love.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like some good site seeing possibilities. I like that. Maybe some pictures?

    ReplyDelete